Friday, December 11, 2009

Christmastown, U.S.A.





















We drove out to McAdenville with Uncle Tom and Tante Neet on Friday night to go see the Christmas lights. We wore festive hats and brought some doctored-up hot chocolate with us to keep us warm. The lights and decorations were sometimes pretty and sometimes funny. We had a great time.

Highlights?

The Bailey's-laced hot chocolate. The palindromic year of the town's founding, 1881. The cute girl who thought I was really Santa Claus. All the people yelling greetings to me, including a dude who yelled "You go, Santa Claus" when I was kissing Rhoda. The friendly, folksy people giving away hot chocolate and cookies. The lights on the lake. And, in reaction to my Uncle Tom saying "Ho, ho, ho" out the window, a young woman replying, "What'd you call me!?"

A preemptive Merry Christmas to all. Now it's time for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment